Skip to main content

From thence into beauty....



Ok I just like Audry Hepburn, in my opinion she is too thin....

The title of this post was taken from a very ghastly movie of which I would categorize as one of my favourites of all time - Silence of the Lambs aka: SOTL. And ghastly is just about the best word I can come up with that describes what my body is looking like these days.

I must admit that with the packing, the moving, the health issues and the financial pressures that have been dominating my life lately the way that I look has taken the rumble seat in the car of my life. But things are starting to wind down and settle into something of a routine, and so I happened to glance up from the now empty cardboard boxes, the puppies falling in the lake and the pile of bills on the desk and took a look at just what was staring back at me...lordy lordy.

Health issues not withstanding I just have to say O....M....G.

Some of these health issues have to do with diabetes and the latest round of meds that I have been put on seems to have the added effect of weightloss.

Great right!!??... not when you have a few hundred miles of loose and excess skin, that up until the weight loss, was filled out with nice plump fat cells. My skin is not 20 years old anymore. It does not rebound like it used to, instead it hangs and hangs and hangs some more. Sadly this is not a health issue pursay. That is that insurance does not believe that cosmetic surgery is a true health related condition, it is an "elective" procedure. Health insurance companies dont pay for life threatening conditions in a lot of cases, let alone an elective procedure. So whats a girl to do...

I don't know.... Pay for it myself of course...so I figure if I start saving now by the time I am around 90 years old I can afford to have this skin removed...of course by then who really cares. So I will have a nice little nest egg to blow on a new wheelchair or a few years worth of Depends and baby food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diabetical: definition as told by the Urban dictionary

Diabetical Saying, "Aww dude, that's sweet!" is totally inappropriate and downright douchebaggary when describing something sweeter-than-sweet thus, use diabetical, so that it is clear how sweet and potentially dangerous the subject is... So sweet it may give you diabetes, the subject's diabolical plan... Wow, you see how she just unzipped her top so low like that?... That bitch, straight diabetical. Couldnt have said it better myself. And so my 1st, ok ok maybe like my 4th attempt at blogging shall begin.

Happy New Year

This being the last day of the year I thought that this day of all days deserves a post on the blog. New Years Eve is a time of reflecting and I have to be honest with you all, I am not all that jazzed about reflecting on the past year. Each year as take down the Christmas tree I place all the fragile ornaments in their holders/tubs/wrappings, usually the last thing to go is the angel at tree top. As I remove her I wonder to myself what will my life be like the next time I see her, lately I add to that wonderment the question, "will I even be around next Christmas?". I think that it is a legitimate question when you reach the half century mark and beyond, especially when I think to myself that my late husband was just 50 when he died. In a few short months I will be older then he ever was. He died just a week shy of his 51st birthday. That is a strange feeling since he was always older then me by 6 years. So my own sense of immortality is called to the forefront as I mar

Diabetes is a Cash Cow for Big Pharm

I knew about this, at least on some level. I mean it makes sense doesn't it? The much-touted ADA diet that is spoon fed diabetics does little or nothing to help control blood sugars and yet it still seems to be the "golden rule" for diabetics, type 1 and type 2 alike.