Skip to main content

I am Not Sure This is Diabetes



Yeah, so okay, I am a diabetic, but I have been feeling something for a few months now, and although I feel it, it is hard to put into words just what that feeling is.





 I am going to try to do that here so that I can sort this in my own mind. First and foremost, I do not think that this is diabetes type 2. It might be,  but I have never felt like this before - well at least not in direct relation to my diabetes.

I have felt this before, but before, I knew what it as. This is a feeling of what I call a very vague feeling of over-all general malaise. You know that feeling you get after you have the flu. Not just a few day thing, but the full-on, knock-you-on-your-ass flu that keeps you flat on your back with aches and fever. The kind of flu that takes weeks to get over, even after the flu itself is gone.

You feel weak and any sort of exertion is met with lightly perspiring and huffing and puffing tying to catch your breath. You feel better than you did when you were in the middle of the flu, but you know you are not quite at 100% yet. Maybe you are more like 75%. THAT is how I feel right now and have been feeling this way for at least 6 weeks.

I have not been sick this winter, I was a good girl and got my flu shot back in November. So I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with the flu or a cold or whatever cold wintery junk is floating around out there. It was a sudden onset of this feeling. I have trouble catching my breath and even just sitting watching TV I experience those light sweats I mentioned above. It happens several times a day and night. I am not sure if I am feeling these things, or perspiring at night when I am asleep.

Its not the feeling you get when you think you might be coming down with something, this is definitely more like I have just recovered from something, but what??

About 3 years ago, I went through some sort of a gastric issue that made me feel somewhat similar, but not really. Still to this day no one knows what it was. I had stomach issues, diarrhea, those disgusting "eggy, sulfer-ish" burps and when I went to the doctor my blood tests shows a very high eosinophil count (white blood cells) indicating that I was fighting some sort of infection. I even subjected myself to a colonoscopy ( I was 50 so needed one anyway) to try to diagnose what was happening. The colonoscopy showed nothing unusual and just as sudden as the symptoms appeared, about 2 months later, they disappeared and I felt fine.

Maybe this is related, I don't know. What I do know is that it will be very hard for me to answer the question - "Why are you here to see the doctor today?" with any intelligence and not sound like a complete hypochondriac.

I have been under a tremendous amount of stress since about June of last year. Could it be the stress taking its toll on me? I have been under a lot of stress before, but never had these symptoms. Of course, I am getting older and I am sure that my body handles things differently now. Still I am not sure I can just dismiss this as stress. I have run the gamit of what this might be and so far nothing. Or everything. You would be surprised (well maybe not) how many different diseases start with "A feeling of general malaise or feeling unwell."

So what is this?

I will take any and all advice or thoughts. ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diabetical: definition as told by the Urban dictionary

Diabetical Saying, "Aww dude, that's sweet!" is totally inappropriate and downright douchebaggary when describing something sweeter-than-sweet thus, use diabetical, so that it is clear how sweet and potentially dangerous the subject is... So sweet it may give you diabetes, the subject's diabolical plan... Wow, you see how she just unzipped her top so low like that?... That bitch, straight diabetical. Couldnt have said it better myself. And so my 1st, ok ok maybe like my 4th attempt at blogging shall begin.

Happy New Year

This being the last day of the year I thought that this day of all days deserves a post on the blog. New Years Eve is a time of reflecting and I have to be honest with you all, I am not all that jazzed about reflecting on the past year. Each year as take down the Christmas tree I place all the fragile ornaments in their holders/tubs/wrappings, usually the last thing to go is the angel at tree top. As I remove her I wonder to myself what will my life be like the next time I see her, lately I add to that wonderment the question, "will I even be around next Christmas?". I think that it is a legitimate question when you reach the half century mark and beyond, especially when I think to myself that my late husband was just 50 when he died. In a few short months I will be older then he ever was. He died just a week shy of his 51st birthday. That is a strange feeling since he was always older then me by 6 years. So my own sense of immortality is called to the forefront as I mar

Diabetes is a Cash Cow for Big Pharm

I knew about this, at least on some level. I mean it makes sense doesn't it? The much-touted ADA diet that is spoon fed diabetics does little or nothing to help control blood sugars and yet it still seems to be the "golden rule" for diabetics, type 1 and type 2 alike.