Skip to main content

The joys of peanut butter




Every morning I am greeted with this...

Recently I was at my doctors for one of my (seems like weekly) appointments and she jumped me pretty good about my eating. By her calculations I am ingesting about 500 calories a day...I sat like a good patient knowing that no matter what she said there was not going to be much of a change in my diet, not if I want to keep my blood sugar under control. I promised to try and do better, but when everything that you think of to eat either leaves your stomach churning or you feeling very indifferent about food, well what are you suppose to do? About the only thing I can tolerate and tastes decent for me lately is toast with peanut butter. I would say that that is my largest meal of the day and I can usually manage to just fource down half of a piece before I deposit the rest of it with a look of disgust in the rubbish. So this has become my morning ritual coffee - first days injection - one hour passes - toast with peanut butter - 2 other oral meds and I can settle in for my day of barfing and trying to work in between throw-ups.

The choods look forward to this ritual as well, they seem to enjoy following me into the bathroom as I deposit my daily intake in the toilet, I dunno maybe the rug is really soft to lay on in there or they are just sadistic dogs? But before that they have come to anticipate the treat that they get while I force feed myself - I always put some peanut butter on my plate and as I am eating they get a little bit of it as well.

So I was sitting there today watching them as they lick the remanents of the peanut butter off my fingers and then off their tongues and thought this is cute, let me get my camera! Ok so they are not technically very good pictures, but you get the idea and I couldn't fit Rikki in the picture she seems to have an aversion to getting too close to the choods so her 15 minutes of fame will have to wait. I just snapped a few before running to the bathroom for the last part of my ritual and thought I would post them here.

The 2nd thing I would like you to notice in the 1st picture are their feet. I had them groomed recently and I was complaining to the groomer about the sort of grass that "you Floridians" think is grass. How it sticks to dog feet and faces and I am tired of picking it all off. So she suggested poodle feet. They are shaved completely, but the legs are left with that teddy bear look.

I owe her my sanity, clean up after the daily outings has become very easy with nothing more then a quick towel to the paws when the grass is covered with dew, rather then spending the next hour picking off vegetation from their feet as well as vacuuming up after them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diabetical: definition as told by the Urban dictionary

Diabetical Saying, "Aww dude, that's sweet!" is totally inappropriate and downright douchebaggary when describing something sweeter-than-sweet thus, use diabetical, so that it is clear how sweet and potentially dangerous the subject is... So sweet it may give you diabetes, the subject's diabolical plan... Wow, you see how she just unzipped her top so low like that?... That bitch, straight diabetical. Couldnt have said it better myself. And so my 1st, ok ok maybe like my 4th attempt at blogging shall begin.

Happy New Year

This being the last day of the year I thought that this day of all days deserves a post on the blog. New Years Eve is a time of reflecting and I have to be honest with you all, I am not all that jazzed about reflecting on the past year. Each year as take down the Christmas tree I place all the fragile ornaments in their holders/tubs/wrappings, usually the last thing to go is the angel at tree top. As I remove her I wonder to myself what will my life be like the next time I see her, lately I add to that wonderment the question, "will I even be around next Christmas?". I think that it is a legitimate question when you reach the half century mark and beyond, especially when I think to myself that my late husband was just 50 when he died. In a few short months I will be older then he ever was. He died just a week shy of his 51st birthday. That is a strange feeling since he was always older then me by 6 years. So my own sense of immortality is called to the forefront as I mar

Diabetes is a Cash Cow for Big Pharm

I knew about this, at least on some level. I mean it makes sense doesn't it? The much-touted ADA diet that is spoon fed diabetics does little or nothing to help control blood sugars and yet it still seems to be the "golden rule" for diabetics, type 1 and type 2 alike.