Skip to main content

Diabetic Induced Anger and Frustration


GOD DAMNIT I AM MAD!!





I am mad and I am hungry. Nothing new with that statement, millions of people all over the world, every moment of every day probably utter that statement..

But, I AM hungry! So go eat! :sigh: Were it that easy...

You see, my hunger/food processing mechanism is badly damaged. Food has become the enemy to me and the really depressing part is that it will always be this way. I have reached a point of no return.

We are mammals, we need food to sustain us. I am no different, what is different is that I cannot just go to the kitchen and grab something. food has become an experiment and I am the guinea pig. Mindless eating is no longer possible and I absolutely long for those carefree days. Its disheartening and frustrating to live this way. We, as human beings have pleasure centers in our brains. One of these pleasure centers is the ability to eat that which we truley enjoy and want to taste. We want to eat the things that taste good and feel satiated when we are done with a meal.

I am allergic to carbohydrates and my allergic reaction manifests itself in high glucose readings. This has a system wide effect. Nerves, organs, muscles are all effected by my high blood sugar. My body no longer produces the things that I need to deal with the things i shove in my mouth.

Insulin is a tricky thing and I must manually inject insulin in an effort to live a semi-normal life for a semi-normal length of time.

I used to chide my husband for his anger towards his diabetes. He is dead now and I find myself feeling more and more what he must have felt; a deep resentment to the disease, to my body and to those people around me who don't have this problem.

I want to be healthy - well most of the time I want to be healthy, other times I just want to ignore my broken system and eat what I want.

No one else in my family, save for some non-blood relatives, have diabetes, why did it have to hone in on me? What did I do?? Ugh I hate this "oh woe is me" way of thinking....Come to think of it, I hate most everything tonight.

End rant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diabetical: definition as told by the Urban dictionary

Diabetical Saying, "Aww dude, that's sweet!" is totally inappropriate and downright douchebaggary when describing something sweeter-than-sweet thus, use diabetical, so that it is clear how sweet and potentially dangerous the subject is... So sweet it may give you diabetes, the subject's diabolical plan... Wow, you see how she just unzipped her top so low like that?... That bitch, straight diabetical. Couldnt have said it better myself. And so my 1st, ok ok maybe like my 4th attempt at blogging shall begin.

Happy New Year

This being the last day of the year I thought that this day of all days deserves a post on the blog. New Years Eve is a time of reflecting and I have to be honest with you all, I am not all that jazzed about reflecting on the past year. Each year as take down the Christmas tree I place all the fragile ornaments in their holders/tubs/wrappings, usually the last thing to go is the angel at tree top. As I remove her I wonder to myself what will my life be like the next time I see her, lately I add to that wonderment the question, "will I even be around next Christmas?". I think that it is a legitimate question when you reach the half century mark and beyond, especially when I think to myself that my late husband was just 50 when he died. In a few short months I will be older then he ever was. He died just a week shy of his 51st birthday. That is a strange feeling since he was always older then me by 6 years. So my own sense of immortality is called to the forefront as I mar

Diabetes is a Cash Cow for Big Pharm

I knew about this, at least on some level. I mean it makes sense doesn't it? The much-touted ADA diet that is spoon fed diabetics does little or nothing to help control blood sugars and yet it still seems to be the "golden rule" for diabetics, type 1 and type 2 alike.